Vol. 35, No. 4 GOD’S GREAT PLAN FOR YOU
Vol. 35, No. 4 April, 2011
GOD’S GREAT PLAN FOR YOU
By Dr. George Mills
There are over five billion people on the face of this planet today. People from every walk of life, of every culture, rich people, poor people, black people, white people, some very young and some very old. Some live in cities, some live on farms. Some live in extremely remote areas. But wherever man is, God knows about him. God knows you, He knows where you are. He sees you. He has a plan for you. In spite of all the masses, God is concerned about the individual. He is concerned about YOU! That’s GREAT! Let me share with you some of HIS GREAT PLAN FOR YOU!
1. GOD’S PLAN FOR YOUR SALVATION. His plan includes YOU! No matter where you fit in the masses, He has a plan for you to be saved. Saved from the PENALTY and the POWER of sin. “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”(Jn. 3:16).
A. THE NEED OF SALVATION. “Forall have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” ALL, all of the five billion plus have sinned and need to be saved. YOU need to be saved.
B. THE NAME OF SALVATION. “Neither is there salvation in any other for there is none other name given among men whereby ye must be saved.” (Acts 4:12). Salvation is in a Person, in one Person alone. His Name is Jesus. There is no other Name whereby we can come to God. You cannot trust in another name and be right with God.
C. THE NEARNESS OF SALVATION. “The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth and in thy heart, that is, the word of faith which we preach. That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” (Ro. 10:8-9) Salvation is as close as your heart and mouth. God did not make it difficult, or hard to understand. Christ took all of the labor and hardness in Himself, and bought our Salvation with His own blood and said, “There it is, take it, receive it. Jesus said, “Ye must be born again.” (Jn. 3:1-7) How then, are we born again? The Bible is very clear. “But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His Name. Which were born, not of blood, nor the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.” (Jn. 1:12-13). When we receive Christ alone, we are born again. How do you receive Him? The Bible says “Ask, and ye shall receive.” He is there, wherever you are, in the Person of the Holy Spirit. He will hear the cry of your repentant heart.
2. GOD’S PLAN FOR YOUR SANCTIFICATION. Sanctification is a big word which means “a setting apart a person or thing for Holy Use.” God’s Holy Spirit comes into our lives the moment we receive Christ. Now, that’s a matter of fact. Many have said, “I didn’t feel a thing when I asked Christ to save me.” You weren’t supposed to “feel” anything. The Bible says nothing about “feeling.” The FACT is the Holy Spirit came in when we received Christ and will be in our lives until God calls us home. The work of the Holy Spirit in our lives is to set us apart for God’s use. This work of the Holy Spirit is called SANCTIFICATION. Sanctification is not some experience that we have at an alter; Sanctification is a lifetime of growth. Let me put it this way, Sanctification is three-fold…
We are set apart, in Christ. That’s our POSITION. (Jude 1).
PROGRESSIVE SANCTIFICATION. This has to do with our daily growth in faith. (2Tim. 2:21)
PERFECT SANCTIFICATION. “We shall be like Him for we shall see Him as He is.” (1John 3:2-3)
Since we are In Christ, positionally, we are to Grow daily. Let’s see some things God has set forth for our growth in Christ.
(1) BAPTISM. Now that you have received Christ as your Saviour, God wants you to follow Him in Believer’s baptism. You become an obedient child of God when you follow the Lord in Baptism. This is our public identification with Christ. Remember, He died for us publicly, now, publicly follow Him in Baptism. Baptism does not save you, nor does it add to Salvation. Baptism makes you an obedient Christian.
(2) PRAYER. Now that you have received Christ, learn to pray. You have access to God anytime. You have the same access to God as anyone has. You do not have to go to some earthly priest, or dial some “800” prayer number, you do not have to call some religious headquarters, you do not have to get someone to do your praying for you. Talk to God in prayer. Tell Him your heart’s desire. Tell Him your needs. He wants to hear from YOU! “Call unto me and I will answer thee and shew thee great and mighty things which thou knowest not.” (Jer. 33:3).
Learn to pray. It helps your growth.
(3) BIBLE STUDY. In your daily growth in the Lord, you must have a steady diet of the Word of God. Of course, I make no bones about this; get you an Old King James Bible. This has proven itself to be the PURE WORD OF GOD. It needs no defense. Today there are many ‘versions..’ I call these ‘counterfeits.’ Stay away from all that junk. Get the Pure Word of God and study for yourself. Learn. You will find the mind of God in any matter. You will find yourself. You will learn about your self and about human nature. “Man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.” (Mt. 4:4) “Thou through Thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies.” (Psa. 119:98).
(4) CHURCH ATTENDANCE. Find a good, Fundamental, Bible believing soul winning Church. Attend every service. Grow with that Church. Go soul winning. Witness. Talk to others about their need of Christ. Remember, someone told you about Christ, now, you do the same. Let Church become very important in your life. Yes, you can be saved and not attend Church, but you will not be an obedient, growing Christian by not attending Church. Our Lord bought the Church with His own Blood. He thought the Church was that important. We are to have that same kind of love for His church.
(5) GIVING. Learn to give. Invest your money, time and talents in God’s service. New Testament giving is Church giving. Do not send your money to some ‘religious’ broadcast or telecast. Religious charlatans with ‘gimmicks’ and ‘gadgets’ and promises of healings and health if you will send them an offering. Don’t be fooled by all of this. We cannot buy God’s favor. Invest your money in a good local Church. “Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store as God has prospered him..” (1Cor. 16:2).
3. GOD’S PLAN FOR YOUR SEPARATION. God calls us to separation. Now, we are not to be “holier than thou,” that never won anybody. God calls us unto holiness.
A. SEPARATION IS FROM THE
By “world” I do not mean this earth we sometimes call “world.” “WORLD” is the antichrist system that is opposed to God and His Christ. The “world” is anything that seeks to draw your attention away from God. The “world” sometimes glitters and offers much, but produces nothing but heartaches. Read the story of the Prodigal Son in Luke 15:11-24. The “world” in that text was the “far country,” (Lk. 15:13) “Set your affection on things above and not on things on the earth.” (Col. 3:2). Be careful about your choice of friends or your places of entertainment. Get involved with the things of God and the “world” will take care of itself. We are not to be Holier-than-thou. Just do your best to live a separated, dedicated life. God will give you the help you need. “Noah found GRACE in the eyes of the Lord.”(Gen. 6:8). God gave Noah GRACE to live in a crooked and perverted society. He will give you that same Grace.
B. SEPARATION IS FROM APOSTATE
RELIGION. The winds of doctrines are blowing today. Every day, a new group, a new doctrine, or new way of doing things. New ‘bibles’ new theologies. There is much religious “noise” today. The Bible says, “Ask for the old paths where is the good way and walk therein.” (Jer. 6:16). Don’t be carried away with these new movements. The Bible (KJB) doesn’t change. God doesn’t change, Christ hasn’t changed. I was saved in August, 1960, over 50 years ago and I haven’t changed one iota. I plan to stay on the OLD PATH with the OLD BOOK until God calls me home.
C. SEPARATION IS UNTO CHRIST. God does not call us from something as much as He calls us unto someone. That Someone is Christ. “If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above and not on things on the earth.” (Col. 3:1-2). Learn about Jesus. Get to know Him. He left us a Book that tells us all we need to know about Him.
4. GOD’S PLAN FOR YOUR SERVICE.
There is a place in God’s service for everyone He saves. Romans 12:1-2 tells us to present our bodies as living sacrifices holy, acceptable to God, that we may know His perfect will for our lives. I believe that as you study the Word of God, He will show you His place of service for you. God needs all kinds of people from every walk of life, from every race, of every trade. There is a place for you. I well remember when I was trying to find God’s place for me, as I read First and Second Timothy, it seemed as though God was speaking directly to me, and He was! Assurance came as the Word settled His will for me. God does not call everyone into the pulpit ministry, but He does have a place of service for everyone..
5. GOD’S PLAN FOR YOUR SIN. I wish that I could tell you that you will never sin again now that you are saved. There are too many Biblical examples of Godly men and women who failed God. I am not making an excuse for sin, God forbid. I am just stating facts. “If we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves.” (1Jn. 1:8). John is writing to Christians. We were born with a nature that can do nothing but sin. This nature was passed on to us from Adam. When we got saved, God did nothing with that old nature. We still have it. Sometimes the old nature is referred to as “the flesh,” or “the old man.” We are to learn to “Put off the old man and put on the new man.” (Eph. 4:22-24). As Christians we are to learn to partake of our new nature, (2Pet. 1:4-10).
When a believer sins, we mar our FELLOWSHIP, not our RELATIONSHIP with God. God gave us the great promise in First John 1:9, “If we (Christians) confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” When we fail, let us run to that verse and claim the promise of God.
6. GOD’S PLAN FOR YOUR SECURITY. What a wonderful God we serve. God did not save us from our sins and leave us to ourselves to “hang on” or “hold out.” He did not give us a hope-so, maybe-so Salvation. We were SAVED by GRACE, SEALED by GRACE, and SECURE by GRACE.
A. YOUR SECURITY IS IN THE PROMISES OF GOD. There are far too many to mention, so I will choose a few..
“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have EVERLASTING LIFE. (Jn. 3:16).
“All that the Father giveth me shall come to me and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.” (Jn. 6:37)
“My sheep hear my voice and I know them and they follow me, and I give unto them ETERNAL LIFE and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.” (Jn. 10:25-30)
B. YOUR SECURITY IS IN THE PRESENCE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. When we said “YES” to Christ. When we believed with our heart, the Holy Spirit came in to live in the believer; “In whom ye also trusted after that ye heard the Word of Truth, the Gospel of your Salvation, in whom also after ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise.” (Eph. 1:13). The Holy Spirit lives in every Christian and will be in us until He takes us home. He is that still, small voice in you that will not let you doubt. He is the Comforter. He is your greatest Friend. He will never leave you. You will always have His presence.
C. YOUR SECURITY IS IN THE PRAYERS OF CHRIST. He prayed for us on His way to Gethsemane, (Jn. 17:9-20). He left Gethsemane to die on a cross in full payment for our sin. He arose from the dead to be our Faithful, Eternal, High Priest. Today, Christ is at the right hand of God. He is our Great Mediator. He has been on the job a long time. He has never lost a case. “My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the Righteous. And He is the Propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.” (1Jn.2:1-2).
I have heard the arguments; “Now preacher, that gives a license to sin.” WRONG! Anything that leads to sin leads to bondage. This is not license, this is liberty. Freedom from fear, worry, from the fear of falling. Enjoy your Salvation. Live every day to please Christ. Rest in His Finished Work. Remember, He did for us what we could never do for ourselves. If you can read “OK TO SIN” in this text, something is wrong with your reader!
Well, there it is. A brief glimpse into God’s Great plan for you. Oh, there is so much more to learn. God’s plan is the greatest plan in all the world. His will is not just “blind chance” but Real purpose and fulfillment. If you fail, get up, and start all over again. Our Lord is there to help you. Every day is a new day in Christ. MAY GOD BLESS YOU!
FROM MY HEART
By Mildred Mills
TIME TO COME ALIVE
“And that He was buried and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures.” (1Cor. 15:4).
The Easter season is a beautiful time of the year. The trees are green again, the flowers are blooming and everything seems to come alive once again. Most of all we celebrate the resurrection of our Lord Jesus! Without His resurrection, His death would have been in vain, but He conquered death and the grave and lives forever more. He arose, He arose, Hallelujah, Christ arose! I love the beautiful colors we see around Easter Season, the bright pinks, yellows, greens and every color in the rainbow. They seem to say, “Hey, we are alive and well!” We put away the drab colors of winter and bring out the bright, lively colors of spring, the Easter Season! I am an excited, happy Christian, I love life and what a joy it is to be around other Christians that are happy in the Lord. I want others to know we are alive and well. If you are a Christian but not happy, claim First John 1:9, then put a smile on your face and bring out some of those bright, lively colors!. Happiness is to know the Saviour!. Now, if you have never accepted Jesus as your own Personal Saviour, you are not alive, you are dead in your sin. However, I do have some colors for you also! The FIRST color is GOLD. God loves you and has a plan for your life. “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” (Jn. 3:16). The SECOND color is BLACK . We are all sinners. “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” (Ro. 3:23). “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” (Ro. 6:23). The THIRD color is RED. Christ died for our sins. “But God commendeth His Love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” (Ro. 5:8). “Unto Him that loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood.” (Rev. 1:5). The FOURTH color is WHITE. Christ arose from the grave and offers forgiveness to all. “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Ro. 10:13). “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved…” (Ro. 10:9). The FIFTH color is GREEN. There is New Life for the believer. “Because I live, ye shall live also.” (Jn. 14:19). Accept Him today and COME ALIVE! Start living your brand new life in Him.
HAPPY EASTER TO ALL!
Our sincere THANK YOU for your kind expressions concerning this Ministry, now 35 years young!
TEEN TALKS THAT MATTER
By Ashley Stevens
Jesus is ALIVE!
This month has always been very special to my heart and to the hearts of many Christians. This month is when we celebrate the holiday of Easter. Once a year we set aside a special day to celebrate the life, death, and resurrection of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, but in reality we as Christians should look upon every day as Easter.
Let’s paint a picture in our head right now; just close your eyes and picture Jesus, sinless and perfect, hung on the Cross. There are nails driven into His hands and feet, blood pouring out of Him, a sword driven in His side, a crown of thorns placed on His head, and He is suffering scorn and ridicule from the very ones He had come to save.
When I picture Jesus nailed to a cross, dying for my sins, I just feel my heart sinking into my chest. I think about my sins and the sins of the world that put Him on the cross. He was innocent and had never sinned in His life, so why would He die such a horrible death for me, a sinner. As I read my Bible and go to church, I learn about the life of Jesus. It is there that I learn why He would die for me. I learn about His kindness, His love and His power. How amazing our God is and how precious He is.
I am here to testify today that my Lord Jesus Christ, who died on the cross that day, it was Him who died and is now ALIVE! He arose! He is victorious over death and Hell! He is not only alive, but He is alive in my life and helping me get through each and every day, and He will be there for you also. He will NEVER let you down. He will be your best friend. In times of sorrow, and in times of hurt, God is there to help you and to be with you! I hope that your Easter holiday is great and I hope that you can get with your family and celebrate the life, death and resurrection of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. May God bless your life each and every day.
Until next time, Ashley Stevens
HE BRIDGED THE GAP
By Pastor George Mills
When my children were very young we lived in Nashville, Tenn. We lived on a street that went under a railroad trestle. The street narrowed down to one lane of traffic at the trestle. Our daughter started first grade while we lived there and she had to walk under that trestle twice a day. My wife knew our child’s schedule and her arrival at home time. One day my little girl was a few minutes late. My wife, being the great Mother she is, left home, walking toward the school trying to make sure all is OK. When she arrived at the trestle she discovered that workmen that day, without notifying the neighborhood of their plan, closed the road for all traffic at the trestle and dug a wide gap, or ditch across the road. Our little first grader had arrived at the ditch and found there was no way to cross or to get around. There she was, in tears, separated from her home, not knowing what to do. Workmen were there, but they paid no attention to a little girl with a big problem. My wife arrived on the scene, in tears, saw the situation, and made a way across the ditch, and there, in the middle of the road they hugged and cried as though they had been apart for a long time. WHAT A HAPPY REUNION THAT DAY!
You know, life is like that. We were in trouble. There was a great gap that separated man from God. We knew no way to cross that gap…BUT GOD DID!
Christ, in His finished work on Calvary, bridged that gap that separated man from God. He did what we could not do. HE BRIDGED THE GAP FOR ME!
HE BRIDGED THE GAP FOR ME
By Pastor George Mills
“For the Son of Man is come to seek and save that which was lost.” (Lk. 19:10).
When lost in my sin, and no hope within,
And a chasm between God and me,
But there was One,
God’s only Son,
He bridged that gap for me.
No way could I find, real peace of mind,
No way to God could I see,
But Christ from above,
Came with His great love,
And He bridged the gap for me.
So deep was that gulf, the valley so wide,
That came between God and me,
On Calvary’s Cross,
Christ paid the cost,
He bridged the gap for me.
Now all is at rest, my soul God has blessed,
My life now abundantly free,
Since Jesus came in,
And freed me from sin,
He bridged the gap for me.
I’ll trust Him in life, I’ll trust Him in death,
Until at last His dear face I see,
In Eternity’s day,
I will gladly say,
Christ bridged the gap for me.
Matthew 28:1-20, (v6): He is not here for he is risen as He said. Come see the place where the Lord lay.”
“The greatest bombshell ever to explode in the ears of man is the fact of the Glorious Resurrection.” I believe in His bodily resurrection, and that is the guarantee of my own resurrection one day. Should God call me home before the rapture, my spirit will go to be with the Lord at that time. (“To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.”) My body will be buried in some grave. But on that glad Resurrection day, my spirit will return with Christ in the air and when He calls for the dead in Christ to rise, my spirit will be reunited with my resurrected, glorified new body. Because He lives, believers will live with Him. The Glorious fact of the resurrection did several things for the disciples…Notice the results.
1. GREAT COMFORT. “He is not here, for He is risen.” What comfort it is to know, HE IS RISEN.
2. GREAT COURAGE. (v10) “Be not afraid.” No one can quite understand what happened in the lives of men who just a few hours before were hiding in fear, and now facing authorities, unafraid. The answer is the resurrection.
3. GREAT COMMISSION. “Come and see–go and tell.” (v19-20). Tell the good news of the Gospel to the nations of the world. The GREAT COMMISSION is still in effect, and will be in effect until further notice.”